Saturday, October 30, 2010

Carnitas..the perfect Carnitas

So I've been out of the country for the past 2 months and one of the things I find myself missing the most about LA is the amazing array of authentic Mexican food.
Last night I had to cook for some of my French friends and I decided to offer up a taste of Mexican that reminds me of home. I made carnitas and they turned out to be amazing and satisfying food for everyone, definitely something to make again.

The recipe I made was heavily adapted from Serious Eats,t he food Lab perfect carnitas. These were the most tender, flavorsome satisfying tacos that I've ever made. And this was my first attempt at carnitas, this is definitely a repeat dish.

1 3-4 lb pork butt or shoulde, rind removed, cut into 2 inch cubes
1 lime, quartered
1 onion, quartered
6-7 cloves of garlic (large)
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 large bay leaves
cilantro/coriander leaves
1/4 c fresh orange juice
1/3 c vegetable oil

No comments:

Post a Comment